Wednesday, 13 February 2013

My hair routine

Hey kids *waves, blows kisses, curtseys* welcome to the Ta show.. So today will be talking about my hair regimen. I've been natural a little over a year and my regimen has evolved along. There has been a lot of trial and error but Callista (my fro) and I seem to have established a good relationship. Anyway, here is just a section on my wash day.

I start off at the end of the day because i like my hair to dry naturally overnight.

1. I spray my hair with my diy moisturising spritz until my hair is damp.

2. I finger detangle my hair starting from the ends and moving down to the roots.

3. I wet my hair completely with warm water and squeeze out excess water.

4. I add a very generous amount of cheapie conditioner to my whole head. I use revlon Aquamarine, you should be able to find it in any major grocery store: Peoples, Shoprite etc or cosmetics stores like Rajani :)

5. I use my trusted wide tooth detangling comb and run through my hair in four sections, again starting from the ends.

6. I put my hair in chunky twists and wash my hair and scalp, then rinse out the conditioner.

7. I apply deep conditioner to my twists. I use Dark and Lovely Cholesteral and cover it with a shower cap for atleast 30minutes.

8. I rinse out the deep conditioner thoroughly, cover my hair with an old tshirt for about ten minutes to soak up moisture.

9. I then spray my diy spritz genorously to the twists.

10. I undo the big twists and apply my African Pride Olive oil moisturiser (available at Clicks in South Africa) or Olive oil (the kitchen variety). I make smaller tighter twists, wrap my hair in a satin scarf and call it a night.

11. In the morning, i fluff my hair out with fingers only and style as desired.. Before I sleep, i spray some more spritz, re-do chunky twists, satin scarf. It usually stays fresh for about a week..

I add shampoo to the mix once a month. I use Aussie but would like to start using the Tresemme Naturals shampoo because I can find it in Blantyre.

That's about it, it looks like a lot but doesn't take more than 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment